Ten coproductions have been selected as finalists for a pitching competition at upcoming Galician drama conference Conecta Fiction.
The projects are in various stages of development, and hail from companies in Spain, Colombia, Chile, Finland, Argentina, Israel, Portugal, Puerto Rico and Mexico.
They were selected from 70 submitted ahead of the International Co-Production Pitching Session, which will be held on Wednesday, June 21 at the event in Santiago de Compostela, Spain.
Each has been identified as suitable for coproduction between Europe, the US and Latin America.
Spanish SVOD service Movistar+ and pubcaster TVE will each offer development money to one project.
The event, which the Axenica Galega das Industrias Culturais is organising along with ICEX Exportation and Investments in Spain and the SGAE Foundations, runs from June 20-23 in Galicia.
The projects are:
- Historical romantic drama Ines del Alma Mia (Ines of My Soul) from Chilean broadcaster Chilevision
- Sci-fi Extraños Domingo de Pesca (Strange Fishing Sundays) from Laniakea in Spain
- Mystery drama Penumbra (pictured), a Colombian-Spanish copro that Dynamo Producciones will present
- Una Casa en Amurgura (Amargura Street), a drama from Spain and Cuba that Ficción Producciones is presenting
- Héroes Invisibles (Invisible Heroes), a Chilean coproduced political drama from Finland’s YLE
- Thriller Crack from StoryLab in Argentina
- Madame from Endemol Shine Israel and an Argentinian coproducer
- Youth-skewed Colégio do Templo (Sixth Sense High) from Portugal’s beActive Entertainment
- Amor en Tiempos de Tinder (Love in the Time of Tinder) from Puerto Rico’s Belle Films
- Malinche: The True Conquest of an Empire, a historical scripted series from Mexico’s Eureka TV